The postal department is upgrading and moving with the times. It is using modern technology to make things easier for its customers. This has led to a host of services being available online now. They help you with numerous activities without having to go to the post office every time.
How to check your Post Office Savings Account balance online?
Follow the given steps:
- Register for internet banking at the post office where you have an account. The post office officials will guide you regarding the process.
- The application will be processed in approximately 10 days time.
- Then you can either have the login details sent to you by post, or collect them personally from the post office.
- Now log onto the official Department of Posts (DOP) website.
- Log in to the e-banking portal by entering your details. There is a separate tab for ‘New User Activation’.
Services now available online through the DOP internet banking facility:
- Accounts Summary
- Savings accounts details
- RD account details
- PPF accounts details
- TD accounts details
- NSC Account details
- Loan on RD details
- Loan on PPF details
- Tax deducted at source details
- Manage Payee
- Manage Billers
- Initiate funds Transfer with in DOP
- Funds transfer outside DOP
- PPF account withdrawal
- View scheduled transactions
- Pay PPF Account/Repay Loan on PPF
- View recurring instructions
- Pay RD account
- View All Transactions
- Repay Loan on RD
How to check Post Office Recurring Deposit (RD) Account balance online?
By following the above mentioned steps, you can check your RD account balance online. You can also make payments towards your RD account online, or repay a loan against it.
Hopefully this will help you utilize the internet banking services of the postal department. If you would like to download the form for opening an account in the post office, please click here.